Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quick Hits

There's nothing that I could really write a full blog post on, so I'm going to give a few brief paragraphs on current events on the television.

Lost is coming together nicely.  Sure the ending will be somewhat disappointing because there will be questions that won't be answered.  But I've accepted that and really just want to see what the final product is.  If this series works best watching very rapidly straight through, it will be a great success to me.  It's already sealed it's place in history because of the depth and complexity; that will never be matched, it just doesn't make financial sense for networks to green light (see Flash Forward).

One of a kind; courtesy abc.com

We don't need a Triple Crown winner.  Think about it.  I watch the three races every year in hopes that one horse will win.  The best thing for horse racing is if the winner of the Kentucky Derby wins Preakness and is right there at Belmont.  I think if a horse wins it, people ignore the sport until there's another drought.  It's that anticipation and disappointment that keeps us coming back.  Of course I'm rooting for a Triple Crown, but I think it's probably best to not have a horse win one.

Go 2-1 in the big ones; courtesy of espn.com

I watched my first major boxing event this past weekend.  It was interesting.  This sport definitely needs Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.  But I understand why Mayweather wants strict testing.  It should raise a lot more eyebrows that Pacquiao won't submit.  Every one is saying how great he is, but he won't let them test close to the fight.  Didn't we do this with Bonds?  He looks like a rat, acts like a rat, and probably smells like a rat, so I'm guessing he's a rat.

A lot has been said about the NBA playoffs by those who know much more than I.  I have really enjoyed watching it as always.  I really have no idea who will make it to the finals.  Probably the Lakers, but the East could be anyone.  Will the Cavs choke again?  They looked horrible last night against a Celtics team applying for Social Security next year.  I don't like the Magic because Vince Carter is Vince Carter, and Dwight Howard is playing like an idiot.  If you're getting a lot of fouls called on you, don't whine about it, it only makes it worse.  Grow up Dwight, just because you're the defensive player of the year doesn't give you the right to tackle everyone.  You can't block every shot.


Don't act so surpised; courtesy of espn.com

The Pacific has gotten really good.  Last week's episode had a great vague sense of impending doom hanging over the whole thing.  I'll summarize my thoughts when the whole thing wraps up in 2 weeks.

Finally, the World Cup is almost here; ESPN radio plays a lot of commercials for it and it gets me jazzed every time.  More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment